search for stuff

January 31, 2011

winterocalypse

So, last night my roomies and I made a trip to Walmart.  Storm of the century, they're saying, you know.  I don't buy it, but I must say I'm hopeful.  A few days snowed in could be fun.  We stocked up on canned goods (like mexicorn, whaaat?), and candles, and of course, beer and wine.  So, winter party at my place.

But the biggest adventure of all?  Batteries.

I never knew how many C batteries could be on a shelf until I was looking for Ds.  "Hey there's some!  Wait... no never mind.  But wait here's... damn it!"  There were literally empty boxes of D cell batteries strewn across the floor.

Entire shelves of food were empty, and the canned goods aisle was packed too tight to navigate.  It's amazing how, in St. Louis, you mention a foot of snow and suddenly it's the end of the world!  But like I said, I'm a little excited.  Maybe I'll get some time off work, time to relax, and maybe spend some time in the kitchen :)

I'll see you when I dig my way out.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment