search for stuff

January 28, 2011

first post!

Hello, world.  I want to preface this first post by giving you a quick rundown of how this blog was born.  It took three things.

1. I split a bottle of wine with my lovely mother, and proceeded to cook us dinner.

2. I took pictures of said dinner, and showed it off to my roommate, who quipped, "you ought to have your own cooking show!"

3. I did not go to work today because at some point last night, I fell ill with the flu (or some like-minded nasty thing) and therefore have nothing better to do than futz around on the internet.

...that last one is not that important.  It was mostly the first two.

Basically, I'm making this blog because I know I can't be the only one out there who has trouble finding truly quick, easy, crowd-pleasing recipes with ingredients you probably already have- or SHOULD start keeping on hand. One of my roomies is a vegetarian, another will pretty much only eat something that is mostly comprised of meat, and only two of us can cook.  I've made it my goal to overcome these obstacles and make everyone's tummies very happy.

Because hunger is unacceptable.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment